Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Why would I do this?

Greetings. I am the author of the soon to be published book - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Meaning of Everything. Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, November 2005. For a website about the book, go to http://www.meaningofeverything.com.

I grew concerned that so many people were looking for ultimate whatever (not ultimate truth, because so few of us believe in truth anymore) but getting lost in the myriad of spiritualities out there, most of them created in the hope that they might lead somewhere or make us feel better.

But we are still disconnected - from one another and from whatever we call God. It occurred to me that the answer might already be in our midst, except that we've dismissed it and moved on. Thus the book. Over the next while, I'll try to post some observations about it, if only to get discussion going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home